Crowne Plaza Newcastle is a luxury hotel and provides all the standard hotel facilities. More information of what can be found in the rooms as well as hotel facilities is on the Crowne Plaza website. If you would like to find out more about accessibility features available in the rooms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who can liaise with the hotel to ensure your needs are supported throughout the conference. If you would prefer to contact the hotel directly, you can email email@example.com and direct your enquiry to Susie Lennie or Jessica Riches.
Check-in at the hotel on Wednesday 10th January will be available after the sessions are completed at 16:15 – early check-in will not be available but the hotel has substantial luggage storage areas. Check-out will need to be carried out between 09:00 – 09:20 on Friday 12th January and again delegates can leave their luggage in storage.
The hotel has many interventions in place to support delegates attending the conference. Please see below a list of services available – if you would like to discuss these further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The entrance to the hotel is a double automatic door to allow for ease of access
- The reception desk has an induction loop and lowered height for wheelchair users
- There are lifts available between all floors
- Staff are available to support with taking luggage to rooms
I need to stay the Tuesday night before the conference. Is this possible?
Yes this is possible. We have arranged a special rate for HELOA members to stay the night before the conference on Tuesday 9th January at the Crowne Plaza Newcastle. The cost is £100 (including VAT) for bed and breakfast. You will need to book this directly with the hotel. You have two options for booking:
1. Follow this special link to make your booking – search for the Tuesday 9th January (1 night stay) and it will automatically apply the group rate that has been agreed – don’t change settings in the ‘Rate Preference’ box otherwise this agreed rate wont be applied to your booking. If you use this method, a set of card details are required to act as guarantee – they will not be charged.
2. Phone the hotel on 0191 562 3333 – select option 1. You will need to call between 8AM – 6PM Monday-Friday. Reference code is “HELOA Night Prior”. Payment for the room can not be taken over the phone.
You should email email@example.com to arrange payment for the extra room (include your name / reference number), as it is not covered by the conference package. You can either request an online card payment link or invoice. If you don’t settle this payment prior to arrival, you will be charged on arrival to the hotel.
We also request that you email the Training Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know you will be staying the additional night – this will allow us to ensure that we can do our best to liaise with the hotel for you to remain in the same room for the duration of your stay.
Alternatively you can look at other hotels locally – HELOA would recommend Travelodge Newcastle Quayside, Hotel Indigo and Hampton by Hilton, both of which are a 5-10 minute walk away from the Crowne Plaza Newcastle.
I wish to stay at Crowne Plaza Newcastle after the conference. Is this possible?
Yes, delegates will need to book this themselves via the hotel website or other booking sites. While at the hotel for the conference, inform reception that you have booked for the additional night(s) and they can link your rooms.
Crowne Plaza Newcastle recommends that if you wish to book a spa visit during your weekend stay that you do this as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
I see the hotel has a spa, can I book a treatment?
Delegates would be able to book a spa treatment for during downtime, however booking a treatment does not give you access to the full spa. Spa packages would need to be booked separately by delegates, and although spa packages will most likely not fit in with the conference programmes, they may provide a good option for anyone extending their stay.
There are also leisure facilities in the hotel itself that full delegates are able to use. This includes a gym, pool and steam room.