The HELOA AGM for 2023 was a hybrid meeting held on Wednesday 11th January 2023, 15:15 – 17:15 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Newcastle & via Zoom.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is part of HELOA’s National Conference which gives members the opportunity to hear more about the running of HELOA, the UK Committee (UKC) plans for the future of the organisation as well as an opportunity to contribute ideas.
Documents for the 2023 AGM are available below:
- AGM 2023 Minutes
- AGM 2023 Agenda
- 2. AGM 2023 Apologies
- 3. AGM 2022 Minutes
- 4.1 UK Chair Committee Report AGM 2023
- 4.2 UK VC (Partnerships) Report AGM 2023
- 4.3 UK VC (Group Development) Report AGM 2023
- 4.4 UK VC (Communications) Report AGM 2023
- 4.5 UK VC (Membership & Administration) Report AGM 2023
- 4.6 UK VC (Governance) Report AGM 2023
- 4.7 UK VC (Training) Report AGM 2023
- 5.1 Elected Officers Report AGM 2023
- 5.2 Appointed Officers Report AGM 2023
- 6. HELOA Office Update AGM 2023
- 8. UK VC (Finance) Report AGM 2023
- 8.1 HELOA Completed accounts for the 2021-22 financial year AGM 2023
- 8.2 Provisional accounts for the 2022/23 financial year
- 8.3 Proposed membership costs
- 8.4 Proposed budget for the 2023/24 financial year
- 9. Honorary Members and Commendations of Contribution
Documents from previous AGMs are accessible via the following link. Please select AGM documents from the document library menu.
Here’s an overview of how the meeting worked from our UK Vice-Chair (Membership & Administration). If you would like to explore additional information related to the AGM, use the link AGM 2023 FAQs, AGM 2023 Guide, Voting at the AGM.
As a charity, HELOA has a legal responsibility to hold an AGM once a year, to inform members of developments and allow members’ voices to be heard. A minimum of one third of primary contacts are required to attend AGM in order for votes to take place. This has always taken place at the National Conference as it is a period when the majority of members come together. With advances in technology, we are voting to trial AGM happening close to the National Conference, but not during, to allow more time for networking and training opportunities to take place. If voted for, a trial will take place to run AGM separately from National Conference while ensuring we continue to meet our legal requirements.